NEWS AND NOTES ALERT *AIRHORN*
- Nate Colton was held for observation on Friday night following the Survivor event at ReVival 8. After numerous tests, doctors determined that he did not have a concussion and he was released from the facility.
Later, Nate Colton gave the following statement about the incident:
“I’m pretty pissed, to be honest. Not about the match…don’t get me wrong, I’m not happy about losing, but at least it will give us the chance to do what we actually came to PRIME for.”
“No, I’m pissed that I had to spend last night in the damn hospital for no good reason, and I missed my flight back home. Blake, if you see this, I’m really sorry. Love you, little bro.”
“Also, there’s gonna be words with whatever [expletive deleted] ruined my brother’s card by writing all over everyone else’s well wishes with a permanent marker. Real funny, [expletive deleted].”
- Glue Factory Proprietor Philip Martin Atken added a few comments to the post-ReVival media scrum:
On Civil Dusk’s use during Survivor – “Well that explains where all those missing boxes keep going.”
On Dusk’s lead pipe threats – “He knows he could just ask me for the match, right? He doesn’t have to trouble a human disaster zone.”
- The Fighting For Nora Foundation has announced that they are holding a Foundation Fundraisers Dinner to show appreciation to the many people who have supported the Foundation since its inception. The gala will boast two open bars, a buffet style dinner catered by Antoine’s, Herbsaint, and other prominent New Orleans restaurants, and will feature local music and various speakers who have donated to the Foundation. Among others in PRIME, Lindsay Troy is slated to be a guest.
- The phone banking incident was a disaster for The Anglo Luchador, as sources around town say that the few people who did receive calls were put off from voting altogether. When approached after his match with Phil Atken of The Glue Factory, The Anglo Luchador said “next time, if there is a next time, it’ll just be my brother, Calico Rose, and maybe some volunteers who don’t work here.”
The rift between The Anglo Luchador and Ria Nightshade appears to be weighing heavily on his mind, but he has assured everyone that he will continue on the campaign trail at ReVival 9 with a stump speech. It is unclear if any other candidates for the Intense Championship match will show up to make it a debate.
- It’s been reported that after her confrontation with The Anglo Luchador, Ria Nightshade didn’t simply storm off to another part of the building. She went straight to the locker room, grabbed her things and immediately left the arena. She’s since refused to speak to media of any kind concerning the incident, even including PRIME’s in-house media.
- Following their unlikely entry into the final four of PRIME’s Tag Team Survivor, Joe Fontaine elatedly told reporters that he felt like the king of the world and all of the solar system, “except for that bitch-ass Pluto.” When asked about once again feeling the wrath of El Hijo del Super Cool Guy’s Canadian Destroyer, though, Fontaine simply said “that obviously didn’t happen.” And when told that every reporter there not only were witnesses to it, but they had video evidence of the act, Fontaine grew quiet and whimpered in horror.
Daniel Phillips, the father of Sid Phillips, was in attendance for ReV 8 along with his youngest daughter, and was asked questions by reporters on site as he left the building. When asked about Survivor, he mentioned being proud that his son has made it as far as he had, and would like to see the Winds of Change win the competition. When asked about the show itself, Daniel said that he was disappointed that Cancer Jiles didn’t win the title. That was when every reporter decided to not ask him any more questions.
- After much thought, Timo Bolamba has decided to lease the building next to his new gym site to open a wrestling school that will operate hand in hand with his MMA gym. For now, Timo is acquiring permits from the city and has set his plan for opening in the 4th quarter of the year.
- A scene of confusion occurred at the PRIME-Porium after ReVival went off the air. Several of the new Anna Daniels’ “New Era” t-shirts were discovered to be vandalized with an anarchy-stylized letter “R” spray-painted across the front in black. Several witnesses reported seeing the same symbol earlier in the night tagged across the chest of junior reporter Simon Tillier at the hands of Rezin.
Naturally, the Escape Artist eluded officials before he could be brought in for questioning.
- Senior PRIME officials have fined Henri Lavigne an undisclosed sum of money for a parking lot altercation with Daniel Darby following ReVival 8. Investigations are underway to determine whether charges will be filed.
- From the Office of Melvin Beauregard: Thank you Dusk for leaving the adult diaper full of your piss and tears in my office. I wish you all the best in your match this week against Pete Whealdon and GREAT SCOTT. I hope you get cataracts to go along with your mental illness. Thanks for the smoke machine, I guess?
I’ve comped a honeymoon suite for Garbage Bag Johnny and Muriel indefinitely. Good luck! Please stop fornicating in my office. Also, you left your gerbil, and a large bag of suspicious substances. Both have been placed in your suite. Enjoy!
- While the ending to the Universal Title match ended in a fracas, Lindsay Troy is said to have looked “a little bit relieved” that Brandon Youngblood retained the title. When asked during the post-show media scrum why she didn’t take disciplinary action against Jiles for his attack on Youngblood after ReVival 7, Troy said, “I’ve known Brandon for over 15 years, and I knew he would have wanted to handle this himself without me stepping in. That said, if post-match attacks like what happened at ReV 7 continue to be a pattern with Jiles, or with anyone, then fines will be the least of everyone’s concerns.”