- Although Coral Avalon was seen in a sling at ReVival 21, this was seen as a precautionary measure after suffering an injury to his arm best described as a “non-standard bicycle accident” at the hands (or wheels) of the Crimson Miracle Bloody Blood Death Bolambacycle (with Boston deathmatch wrestler Rory Hayes attached to it) during the Bang! Pro Wrestling tour in Japan earlier this month.
Avalon is expected to be cleared to compete by ReVival 22 against the debuting Lunchbox Larry. When Avalon was asked about the match, his response was simple, “Uh, who?”
- The Anglo Luchador lost the Intense Championship in a bloodbath at ReVival 21 to Paxton Ray. When our Matt Mills caught up with him and asked what was next for him, TAL simply said, “The future is wide open,” and walked off.
- It’s been said Kohime Mori was absolutely elated backstage after her win on ReVival 21, the apparent first one of her career. When asked if she still thought Rocky de Leon to be the scourge of babies everywhere, Mori replied with the following:
“I think it’s a complicated situation. I’m not sure he MEANS to terrify the absolute daylights out of them… And yet he does. There’s got to be some kind of middle ground between being croopy, that’s cool and creepy by the way, and not traumatizing infants.”
She was then asked about Violet Samuelsson and potential crocodile deathmatches. Mori’s eyes narrowed and she shook her head disapprovingly.
“Don’t like that. Don’t like that at all.”
- Following the events of ReVival 21, the PRIME news desk caught up with Justine Calvin, currently one-half of the PRIME Tag Team Champions with her partner, Jared Sykes. When asked about the challenge laid out by the Winds of Change, Calvin offered the following:
“I like Joe and Sid, both as people and as wrestlers. They’ve done so much in the their time in PRIME, but I don’t think they quite know what they’ve done. The first time we fought was just minutes after Jonathan Rhine’s career was ended by Paxton Ray. Then we fought again in Japan just a few weeks ago, and even though Jared was still recovering from Colossus the result was the same. They want to do this for a third time when everyone is healthy and focused? Not the best idea, guys.”
With their win at Colossus over the Love Convoy, the current champions can now boast the record for the longest combined reign as champions, eclipsing PRIME Hall of Famers Team V.I.A.G.R.A.’s previous record of 204 days. This new benchmark comes in addition to having set the longest single reign record and the record for most Tag Team Championship defenses.
“It’s all super surreal,” Calvin said. “If you had told me a year ago that this is where I’d be right now, I don’t think I’d believe you. The last nine months have been the best of my career, and while I don’t know what the future holds, I can say that we’re only just getting started.”
- Speaking of the Winds of Change, Joe Fontaine is said to already be preparing for his declared tag title match at Culture Shock. “I don’t want to give anything away, but considering the opponents we’re likely to face, I’m really gonna have to get that Buns of Steel workout going if I want to compete.”
“I mean,” Joe continued, even as reporters tried to walk away the moment the words “Buns of Steel” left his lips, “I’m in there with Jared and Sid! I can’t go in there with the flattest badonk that ever donked! I gotta step up my game! Fuck!”
- Coming out of ReVival 21 there have been a lot of…questions…regarding the situation with Kenny Freeman. Thankfully, the social media ambassador of the Masters of the Multiverse has opted to answer some of them:
“The other guys you saw with me are my buddies, Kenny from a universe where the biggest number possible has been discovered and Kenny from a universe where Weird Al Yankovic sits as President of the world.
“We almost had one more Kenny, a refuge from the burning remains of the cardboard universe, but a storm hit on the way to Tampa. You hate to see it.
“Did you know the Tyler Best that signed with PRIME here is actually the most well-behaved Tyler Best in the entire Multiverse? Thank your lucky stars this is the one we’ve got, folks.
“Anyway, we’re workshopping names for our little group. We were gonna go with Just Four Guys but, again, we lost one of them to a flash flood. Just Three Guys just doesn’t roll off the tongue that well. We heard One Man Stable being bandied about, but we’re not horses.
“I forgot where I was going with all this…oh right, more will be revealed in the coming weeks! #WhereInTheWorldIsRandallSchwartz”
- ReVival 21 will go down as one of the most historic nights in the history of PRIME. With a new Intense Champion crowned, as well as being the first edition of ReVival to be held outside the MGM Grand Garden Arena, the event – held in Tampa Florida’s Amalie Arena – was also the site of 2022 Wrestler of the Year Brandon Youngblood joining a very select group in the annuls of PRIME: The 40 Win Club. As of publication, Youngblood becomes only the third person to amass 40 or more career PRIME victories. He joins Hall of Famers Nova (42) and Chandler Tsonda (47) on this list.
Coming off a victory over fellow Hall of Famer Tony Gamble at the event, Youngblood was mum about the achievement, as well as the efforts of “The Grin,” who put together perhaps his best showing since returning to the ring. The Tower of Babel will be in Orlando for ReVival 22 and is currently scheduled to appear early in the evening to address a multitude of questions, perhaps chief among them the challenge levied his way by the returning Hall of Famer and only three-time Universal Champion in PRIME’s history, Matt Ward.
Of interesting note, current PRIME CEO Lindsay Troy stands at a career PRIME win total of 39.
- Despite a stinging loss, Eddie Cross has apparently been hard at work learning from his defeat. He was seen by an eagle-eyed reporter shortly after ReVival in Okayama, Japan, entering the school of the hardnose trainer, RAIKO.
Interestingly, he did not seem to be with Dave Gibson.
When asked what he was doing there, he smiled and simply said, “Evolving.”
- Ivan Stanislav returned to Moscow, Russia and was greeted with a hero’s welcome after ReVival 21. A full band was present to play him off the tarmac to a rousing rendition of the Russian National Anthem. Russian citizens, with tears in their eyes, threw eggs at a large picture of Cancer Jiles and Hayes Hanlon. Though official state reports indicate that the tears were tears of joy, it could have been because of the rampant waste of food. Stanislav then gave a spirited speech. We will provide bullet points:
-Ivan is right.
-You are wrong.
-He will crush anyone in his way.
-He will become the Universal Champion.
-He should already be the Universal Champion.
-He soundly defeated Hayes Hanlon once already.
- Paxton Ray is now the Intense Champion after a brutal barbed wire ropes match against The Anglo Luchador. The Gray’s Academy Phenom was treated for multiple cuts and punctures in Tampa the next day, but then was sent home to New Orleans so Foster Nackedy could throw a celebration “befitting our new champion.” Several thousand dollars of damage and hospitalization of two wrestlers ensued.
- In addition to “Powerbomb: The Cologne,” Sid Phillips has been fielding offers from across all walks of life to adapt other things into powerbombs. Currently, “Powerbomb: The Necktie” is in production and may be available on the PRIMEporium depending on the whims of local PRIMEporium czar, Anna Daniels. “Powerbomb: The Boxers” and “Powerbomb: The Briefs” are both currently in the design phase. Furthermore, Sid’s even getting scripts for “Powerbomb: The Feature Film.”
When asked about all of the attention, Sid refused to elaborate, stating that he would only take questions about the subject from “Powerbomb: The Reporters.” No one knows what this entails. No one is brave enough to ask.
- Melvin Beauregard has worked with the PWA to make sure all wrestlers will have all requested beverages within reason at catering and in each room they spend time in backstage. When asked about the change, and the enormous quantity of Diet Coke that was ordered, Melvin replied, “Have you ever paid arena pricing for a Diet Coke? It’s outrageous!”
- According to reports, the Gamble Adoration Syndicate was denied the opportunity to have boxes of shirts brought into the Amalie Arena. Despite their best efforts, the #STANDINGFORJON tee that Tony Gamble has been wearing to the ring and during promotional spots has not been approved for sale. When questioned as to why he felt the shirts were not being sanctioned for sale in the PRIMEporium, The Grin was quoted as saying: “It’s quite obvious PRIME is looking to put this behind them. They want the fans to forget that their new Intense champion crippled a man, but we refuse to forget.”
- Adam Ellis checked out okay with medical after his match with Jonathan-Christopher Hall ended with a brass knuckle shot between his eyes that required a couple of bandages. But if Ellis was in a foul mood following his second loss related to outside-the-ring shenanigans on the part of the Love Convoy, his wife Ginny Van Lear went completely apoplectic after his loss. It took several members from PRIME security to calm down and keep Van Lear away from the Love Convoy backstage after the match.
- The Madhouse, an independent wrestling event currently shrouded in mystery, has already proven to be very popular. A reported 39 wrestlers have already signed up for the event, including several members of SHOOT Project and Bang! Pro Wrestling, as well as PRIME’s own Ivan Stanislav. We reached out to ask how many what the limit will be, we were told “there isn’t one.” Our reporter mentioned that an unlimited number of participants sounds like a terrible idea, and was told, “That’s nothing. Wait until you see what we make them do.”
Speaking of terrible ideas, one of the confirmed participants is “Rotten” T.J. Ratigan, who finally completed his court-mandated sensitivity training late last year. He has now been classified as “marginally less awful.”
- And finally, it’s being reported that former Universal Champion and all-around COOL guy, Cancer Jiles, suffered an undisclosed injury at the hands of Ivan Stanislav in his match at ReVival 21 and will need a few weeks off to recuperate. The injury is said to be a physical one and, yes, his ego was also damaged, and that is being healed in the brig of the USS Octane along with Dan Ryan’s pride.