- It’s being reported that Kohime Mori’s contract was only 6 months long. So between this and an injury suffered at the hands of Arthur Pleasant, that’s why she hasn’t been on TV. No word on if a new contract has been discussed.
- Coral Avalon renewed his contract for PRIME not long before he made an appearance at the end of ReVival 30’s show-closing brawl. While the terms of the contract aren’t talked about in any specific terms, Avalon has been telling those close to him that it might be the last contract he’ll ever need in professional wrestling.
The 5-Star Champion is set to defend his title in the main event of Tropical Turmoil’s first night, his first pay-per-view main event in nearly two decades. While Avalon was fairly tight-lipped about most of his plans for the event, he did say one thing to reporters about his opponent, “I’m going to bring ruin to Lord Cecilworth Farthington.”
- Could the Winds of Change be, uh… changing?
The newest recruits of the Glueminati have announced that they’re currently consulting with the group’s leader, overlord, and self-described “Mr. Jabber”, Cecilworth Farthingon regarding changing their name from “the Winds of Change”.
The name had previously been used by various permutations of tag teams involving their fathers, Joey Malone and Daniel Phillips, in the late nineties and early aughts. These permutations have included such names as Coral Avalon and little-known kickboxer-turned-wrestler Duncan Fletcher, whose only noteworthy accomplishments in pro wrestling besides being a tag champion with Phillips was having terrible tattoos.
“For obvious reasons, like, totally obvious, right?” Joe Fontaine said to reporters, “We’re done with the past, and we’re embracing the future! Glue future! The gluture!”
He ignored all comments from media in attendance about how stupid a word “gluture” was.
- Another attempt to get to Tony Gamble came and went for Eddie Cross, but this time, he relied on something Gamble likely did not see coming and went in hot with an action camera strapped to his chest.
By the time Frank and Domingo realized what was happening, they had already streamed the entire attack on Cross and let him know as long as GAS was around, he would never touch their boss.
Unfortunately for Frank and Dom, the Boss Lady happens to agree with them, so at Tropical Turmoil all members of GAS will be banned from ringside during Eddie Cross and Tony Gamble’s match.
- Hot off Kenny Freeman ADDRESSING HIS ENEMIES at ReVival 30, it seems the Masters of the Moscowverse are finally getting a chance to shine once more…but NOT at Tropical Turmoil.
With such a stacked card ahead of us at Petco Park, it is completely understandable that Kenny Freeman and Randall Schwartz would miss out on that sweet sweet PPV pay window money…but all is not lost!
Breaking news has come out of a mini-tournament culminating in a big opportunity at the PWA Tag Team Championship…and the Masters have punched their tickets as the PRIME representatives!
Asked about the news and their impending match at HOW’s Chaos 35 event on July 2, Kenny had this to say:
“We’re off to Brazil, baybeeeeee…and after we SHOOT our shot at El Parasect and Maddie the Master of the Senton Bomb, it’s full steam ahead through the second round before we get our title match. It don’t matter where we wrestle, or HOW we get there…we will be your new PWA Tag Team Champions of the Multiv–I mean, Moscowverse! For the Motherland!”
- In an uncharacteristic move, The Anglo Luchador left ReVival 30 immediately after confronting Arthur Pleasant. Normally, he stays for the entire show, sometimes even helping nominally with production, but multiple witnesses saw him storm off to his rental car before the Bobby Dean/Darin Zion match ended. The Anglo Luchador did not return any calls made to him before press time.
- More rumors circulate on Darin Zion’s treacherous backstabbing nature against PRIME.
Rumor has it that on HOW CHAOS 034, Darin Zion will team with Conor Fu…excuse me…cOnOr fUsE.
HOW DARE ZION BETRAY PRIME!!!! He is the bastion of LOOOOOOOVE in PRIME. This isn’t love; it’s treason!!!!
Rather Lee Best forced this new “alliance” remains to be seen. We only act on the FACTS here and Zion teaming with fUsE is a cruel, HATE FILLED truth we must share with the locker room. Please shun Darin Zion for this heinous act of betrayal!
This bit of news was not paid for or endorsed by the LOVE CONVOY, DARIN ZION’S TRUUUUUUUUUUE Bestest Friends in the entire wooooorld! This message is paid for by the concerned citizens of PRIME FOR ZION ASSOCIATION!!!!
- There’s no conclusive information on the severity of Ivan Stanislav’s injuries from ReVival 30. He refused medical attention from PRIME staff and strictly insisted that his own doctor examine him. His personal bus, which is his main means of transportation, was still parked outside of The Footprint Center long after most PRIME staff and talent had left the premises.
- Alexei Ruslan was taken straight from The Footprint Center to the Albuquerque, where he was held by the police and had, as of yet, not been released. A representative for Ruslan and Ivan Stanislav released the following statement:
“This is just another sign of Russophobia in The United States. These are targeted, sensationalized attacks on innocent individuals simply because of their heritage, and it will not be tolerated. Mr. Ruslan is innocent of all suspicions and charges. He has returned to Russia and is relaxing in Sochi.”
Unconfirmed reports indicate that Ruslan is, still, in New Mexico. Not Sochi.
- Russian State Media is reporting that Ivan Stanislav left The Footprint Center unscathed and sports no injuries at all.
The telecast of ReVival also appeared to have cut out during Jared Sykes’ attack on The Russian Bear.
So yeah, we’re sure Ivan Stanislav is at 100%.
- There is suspicious radio silence from Tsuperstar Enterprises on Chandler Tsonda’s availability for Tropical Turmoil. After….whatever happened on ReV 29, there are reports of ticket-holders for the PPV demanding some kind of transparency from PRIME or the Model Citizen about whether he will appear for what is widely expected to be a hero’s welcome. Despite the prospect of a warm homecoming, the usually media-savvy Tsonda has been tight-lipped, and no guarantees were offered about his presence for the booked match against Bobby Dean. PRIME’s typical terms and conditions includes that all cards are subject to change. The next update on Tsonda’s condition is expected by next week’s pre-PPV media scrum.
- And finally, on this edition of FINE, FINE, EVERYWHERE A FINE, The News and Notes Team has the following to report:
Jared Sykes has been fined the cost of damages to one Ivan Stanislav-sized t-shirt valued at approximately $40 USD, give or take, which occurred when the forklift’s tynes ripped a hole in it.
Ivan Stanislav has been fined the cost of damages to one production trunk, four production boxes, and one forklift, which occurred when Jared Sykes whooped that ass in the Footprint Center’s parking garage. An itemized list of damages has been sent to his office in Moscow.
(P.S. Gary, you’re absolutely gonna be dead meat for this, but it’s about time you used your powers for good instead of evil).